Argentina’s nationwide quarantine will continue through April, Argentina’s president Alberto Fernandez announced in a televised interview today.
Fernandez said the decision was made in order to contain the spread of the virus because the number of infections is expected to peak sometime in mid-May.
The government had previously decreed “mandatory preventive social isolation until April 12. However, the president said he met with governors and that they agreed that everyone should continue with the quarantine.
Argentina has recorded 1,715 confirmed cases of coronavirus and 60 deaths, according to the Argentine Ministry of Health