Morocco national football team made it safely home on Monday after being caught up in an attempted coup in Guinea

 where they were supposed to play a World Cup qualifier match. The game has been postponed after a Guinean army colonel seized control of state television and said the government had been dissolved on Sunday. The West African nation was due to host Morocco in the capital of Conakry on Monday.

There were hours of heavy gunfire near the presidential palace in Conakry on Sunday in developments that bore all the hallmarks of a coup d’etat.

Morocco head coach Vahid Halilhodzic said that they could clearly hear gunshots from the hotel where the team was staying.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Join Our WhatsApp Groups

Lagmen Limited Job Alert 1
Lagmen Limited Job Alert 2

Submit Your Discover News

discovernews@lagmen.net
reachus@lagmen.net

Contact Us Now

Tel: +2348051324267
Tel: +2348094097992
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x