Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, has introduced the Digital Market Place, an industry-first combination of four innovative digital solutions. These solutions, developed on the brand philosophy of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’, have the potential to transform the commercial vehicle business in the country. Riding on the exponential smartphone growth, these digital solutions are simple to use, compatible with all smartphones, and work like any other, everyday app. The four digital solutions, will help customers manage their business with a simple tap, by making it simpler for them to log on to their business from anywhere and manage their operations with ease.
|Digital marketplace consists of 4 apps
|· i-Alert – Helps customers track their vehicle and helps them get vital info on the vehicle’s health
· ServiceMandi – Connects customers with rated, trained mechanics with pre agreed rates
· E-diagnostics – Ensures fast diagnostics, and visual instructions for repair
· Leykart – Ensures round the clock availability of the genuine spares along with doorstep delivery
Based on the latest technology platform, Ashok Leyland’s Digital Market Place will empower customers to better manage their business and enhance their profitability, as well as provide an opportunity for Ashok Leyland to sell services in the aftermarket.
“Ashok Leyland has always been at the forefront of innovation and technology. Following our belief of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’, we have consistently strived to bring many industry-firsts which have disrupted the norm and helped us earn our customers’ trust and respect. To support this rapidly growing network of customers, we have consciously invested in creating a digital market place to support them. These digital solutions are an integral part of our growth plan and has the potential to overhaul our commercial vehicle ecosystem. We have been using the digital medium for the past five years to bring process efficiencies and operations improvement. Today, we are extending the use of digital medium to enhance our customer efficiency, performance, and profitability through various means of “anytime, anywhere” support for their vehicles. These initiatives will be a growth driver for us and will take us closer to our goal of achieving one-third of our revenues from the aftermarket business. We estimate that these initiatives have the potential of generating INR 1000 crores in the next 3 years,” said Vinod K. Dasari – Managing Director, Ashok Leyland.
The four pillars of Ashok Leyland’s Digital Market Place:
- iALERT is a state-of-the-art telematics technology that lets customers track and trace their vehicles in real time. i-Alert’s live dashboard displays information regarding all the vitals of their vehicle’s health in real time. Moreover, if their vehicle needs attention, i-Alert sends the alerts directly to their mobile.
- Service Mandi connects the customers with the Ashok Leyland trained and qualified mechanics wherever their vehicle is. They can get live status updates of their vehicle repair directly on their mobile. Once done, they can pay digitally on the pre-agreed rate, all from the comfort of their home.
- e-DIAGNOSTICS is first-of-its-kind Bluetooth diagnostic device that can easily pinpoint the error code for customers’ vehicle by connecting the phone with their vehicle via Bluetooth. A handy troubleshooting list pops up to help the mechanic or the driver resolve the error in a simple step by step visual process.
- LeyKart offers round the clock availability of genuine spare parts. Customers can easily search for the specific part they require by entering their vehicle registration number or selecting the relevant part from the parts list. They can add their choice to the Kart and pay digitally. The parts will be dispatched to their address from the nearest Warehouse and they can track the shipment on their mobile.