US Embassy – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
WAE Office Management Rover (Sensitive)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: NCE – OND – BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- The work schedule for this position is: Intermittent (Irregular)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position
- On an as-needed basis, incumbent will provide temporary office and functional coverage for American employees.
- S/he will be required to perform short-term assistance for special projects or periods of increased work levels in any mission office to which the incumbent is assigned.
- S/he provide secretarial and administrative support to various sections, as assigned within the Mission.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience: One (1) year of administrative or clerical office work experience while dealing with customers is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of proper and efficient secretarial and office management procedures is required.
- Education Requirements: College or 2 years University studies is required.
- Evaluations: This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word and Excel) and the ability to type 40 WPM are required.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $38,894 / Annum
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.