Unilever Plc – We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the jobs at Unilever Nigeria Plc.
Treasury Manager – Export Business
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Effective Liquidity, foreign exchange and commodity backroom operations management are critical to ensure the safeguard of the export business financial assets.
- This role is involved in the Treasury operations for the Export Entity business in Nigeria and the role is to oversee the day to day Treasury and commodity hedging operations and be the lead for upcoming Treasury projects.
- The role will also oversee the management of the insurance activities for the export entity and its assets.
- Lead and work with Regional / Global Treasury to ensure adequate facilities are available to meet existing and future business funds requirements
- Develop and maintain effective operational network with key Banks/Financial Institutions to ensure smooth operations and harness opportunities
- Responsible for administering role for Bank related systems
- Co-ordinate and ensure documentation in place to transact with Banks (facilities letter, documentation, director’s resolution etc)
Ensure accurate and timely internal reporting for both statutory and internal reporting of the Treasury function. These include:
- Managing CapGemini (offshore Accounts team) for Treasury outsourced activities.
- Reviewing journals on Interest charges, bank charges, Unilever Finance International (UFI) sweep and fund transactions, Loans, FX differences arising out of settled FX contracts, settlement of payments and collections, revaluation & mark to market on open FX contracts.
- Analysing and ensuring timely completion of Treasury reports (FX exposures, currency trends, Cash Forecast, actual cash flows; hedging requirements).
- Liquidity management includes planning, accounting, organization, cash flow monitoring, managing bank accounts and daily control of balances. To steer and control the needs of the business in foreign currency. Ensure the entity’s financial assets are safe guarded with proper planning of short-, medium- and long-term cash requirements. This includes funding requirements and maximizing long term returns on excess liquidity.
- Prepare and monitor company’s various cash flow forecasts. Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions. Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements and make presentations to the company board on specific financial/Cash Management issues.
- Undertaking risk management activities to protect organisation’s financial well-being. Providing advice on Foreign Exchange risks impacting on the export entity. Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
- External Relationship and network management – Maintain a good relationship with high profile bankers to ensure regular updates on best practices within the financial industry.
- Mitigates financial risks related to the interest rates on the foreign exchange positions.
- Propose Forex strategies and exposure limits incorporating market insights on Forex trends into hedging decisions
- Design and implement full end to end (process design, systems, accounting treatments) solutions for back-office operations on new commodities, instruments and regions.
Governance, Compliance & Documentation:
- Maintains policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury operations.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in accordance with the Schedule of Authorities and are properly documented.
- Responsible for the Treasury Policy compliance and observing Forex limits
- Establish and report treasury KPIs
Commodity Risk Management:
- Setup new commodities for the back office operations
- Ensure compliance and controls are in placed in the back-office operations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years work experience with at least 2 spent as a team lead
- Strong SAP Knowledge
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills and
- Analytical skills
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- Proactiveness and versatility
- Graduate calibre candidate who is CIMA/ACCA/ICAN certified.
- Confident communication
- Financial Management
- Tax Accounting
- Treasury Management
Site Quality Lead
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Ogun | Nigeria.
- The Site (Factory / Sourcing Unit) Quality role implements Unilever specifications, standards and Quality Management System (QMS) for quality assurance and controls in alignment with applicable regulatory requirements.
- This key Quality role ensures systems are in place to comply with local regulatory requirements and drives site Quality improvement activities to ensure product consumer safety & overall quality and address consumer / customer issues.
- Reports direct line to Site Leader (Works Director / Supply Leader / Site Leader) and dotted line to aligned Product Group Quality Director (USCC & UASCC) or Cluster Quality Director (UAPL).
- The scope of the role is dependent on-site scale factors including # consumer units, # packing lines, site headcount – # FTE, direct responsibility staff # FTE, and site complexity factors such as # technologies, # SKU, % production direct-shipped to customer. Decision making directly impacts consumer safety and quality of UL products in the marketplace with implications on UL reputation and brand equity. Is a key role in mitigation and management of UL Corporate Operational Risk (Design and production of products that meet our environmental, consumer safety and quality standards).
Leadership, People, Culture & Linkage:
- Deploys UL Quality strategy and goals through site specific projects and targets
- Provides Quality leadership to influence Site Q culture through activities to create passion for products and brands, visibility for quality, and coaching of site leadership
- Builds quality and consumer safety skills and knowledge through coaching and training of factory team
- Ensures Quality team has level of required skills and knowledge as appropriate to support site quality programs
- Builds Site Quality talent through recruiting, coaching and training
- Participates as lead for Site Quality in Quality meetings and forums as needed
- Participates as lead for Site Quality in virtual site network meetings and forums.
Quality Systems Management:
- Ensures UL QMS is implemented locally to assure consumer safety and overall quality of the final product being manufactured
- Verifies compliance of site operations to UL QMS and other applicable quality related requirements through program of internal audits
- Ensures complete, accurate and on-time submission of annual Quality Verification program self-assessment
- Ensures that Unilever and applicable external standards and requirements are accurately represented in local procedures and work instructions
- Reviews and analyzes site quality KPIs, loss trees, and data to understand quality performance and identify areas for improvement
- Ensures that site details for Inter-Company Quality Agreements are provided to MCO receiving the product, as appropriate to product being sourced
- Ensures site maintains satisfactory standings and approvals for Unilever and applicable customer required audits / certifications
- Ensures site compliance with all local regulatory requirements related to consumer safety and product quality, and that ethnic and religious requirements are in place and maintained, e.g., Kosher, Halal, etc.
- Verifies traceability of materials, packaging and product aligned with UL and regulatory requirements and applicable consumer safety risks
- Ensures site utilizes SAP QM and specifications in alignment with applicable requirements of Leads for site in product incident management situations linking with MCO Quality o Implements and verifies procedures to control non-conforming materials and products (e.g., identification, segregation, disposition, reprocessing)
HACCP, Hygiene, Cleaning:
- Develops, implements and updates site HACCP plan and pre-requisite programs and ensures mitigation of consumer safety risks through HACCP validation and on-going verification Implements pre-requisite programs required to support site HACCP plan including validation and on-going verification requirements (e.g., pest controls, allergen management, hygienic controls, etc.)
- Ensures implementation and on-going compliance to requirements of category / technology GMP that are applicable to the site.
Testing & Measurement:
- Ensures quality of materials and packaging by implementing in-take control program (e.g., processes to receive, inspect, sample and approve for use, produce & maintain required documentation, re-control aged materials as needed, etc.)
- Ensures quality throughout the entire production cycle by implementing testing program aligned with UL requirements and specifications
- Ensures all on-site Quality laboratories operate in accordance with good laboratory practices and all applicable UL requirements / testing methods and government / authority regulations Ensures implementation and on-going verification of site-wide program for calibration and maintenance of inspection, measuring and testing equipment o Implements program for product fill control monitoring and on-going verification to ensure regulatory compliance and reliability of label weight declarations
- Implements / maintains system to securely record and preserve required test results, audit findings and other data and information in alignment with applicable Unilever and external requirement.
TPM & Continuous Improvement:
- Leads Quality Pillar for site in TPM factories
- Ensures UL required IT systems, practices, loss trees and improvement tools are used to reduce / eliminate quality losses
- Initiates and supports structured Q improvement activities for product and package complaints and CRQS gaps o Ensures and improves quality of bought-in materials and services by monitoring supplier performance and partnering with Procurement to address quality losses
- Ensures alignment between process capability and specification limits for processing and filling operations by utilizing results of process capability studies
Innovation & Change:
- Applies current tools and practices to manage quality related projects
- Ensures quality resource support to innovation trials in site
- Ensures site quality support as needed to early management for projects affecting the site
- Ensures Site Q resources support VIP projects as needed
- Ensures site quality-related responsibilities are detailed in LMP as appropriate for innovations and other changes and executed as per plan
- Leads for site in quality related category knowledge, understanding of requirements
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Essential: 3-5 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing
- Preferred / Desirable: Manufacturing experience
- Essential: University Degree in technical discipline or general sciences Please refer to SC World for Job Skill Profile
- Preferred: Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science or Microbiology degree
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.