Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations working in approximately 94 countries worldwide to find solutions to poverty and what it considers injustice around the world. Oxfam works directly with communities and seeks to influence the powerful, to ensure that poor people can improve their lives and livelihoods and have a say in decisions that affect them.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Office Assistant at Oxfam
Office Assistant (5-Maternity Cover)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Taraba | Nigeria.
Requisition ID: 9950
Job Family: Business Support/ Administration
Reporting Lines: Post holder reports to Supply and Logistics Officer
Staff Reporting To This Post: None
Budget Responsibility: None
Date of issue: 19/08/2021
- To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
- Oxfam seek the position of Office Assistant for its EU-Funded PROSELL project which aims at building food security and resilience in Taraba.
- Under the direct supervision of supply and logistics officer, the office assistant will be responsible to perform administrative activities as assigned, assist in the implementation of the maintenance of office equipment, overall day-to-day office administration to ensure that all services, facilities, and utilities are always in good condition.
- The job holder will provide efficient administration support to the project office for a period of 5months.
- Acts as the front-line staff of Oxfam by receiving and answering in-coming telephone calls and directing the calls to relevant staff or take messages as appropriate, open, date stamp, register and distribute all general correspondence
- Receives all visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner and directing them to relevant staff
- Ensure the supply of newspapers to the office on a daily basis
- Provide refreshment (e.g. tea, water, etc.) to Oxfam visitors – as requested
- Assist in handling incoming written mails, register them and pass them to the relevant staff
- Handle outgoing written materials and ensure they are sent to their intended destinations
- Perform general clerical duties to include photocopying, faxing, mailing and filling.
- Sign for and distribute Fed Ex/Airborne packages; receive goods from vendors and other service providers.
- Act as the office storekeeper of materials (e.g. stationary), keep records and maintain a minimum re-order level of each item as agreed with supply & logistic officer.
- Make requisition for materials to logistician when necessary
- Ensure office cleanliness and the supply of newspapers to the office on a daily basis
- Assist in asset management as defined by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Good oral and written English
- Minimum 2 years work experience.
- Previous administrative experience in an office setting required.
- Good computer and internet skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and other commonly used software.
- Strong organizational skills, record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Displays maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and manage workload.
- Candidate must be based in Taraba.
Skills and Competence:
- Good communication skills
- Communicates effectively with peers and managers
- Ability to draft communication according to supervisors’ requirements
- Works accurately with attention to detail
- Receives, understands and acts upon guidance from managers in day-to-day tasks
- Demonstrates appropriate numeracy and literacy skills for work
- Is a supportive team member
- Spots errors and mistakes in own work
- Ability to respond to a variety of questions relating to own work
- Where appropriate takes a proactive approach to work issues that arise
- Role will suit a young, intelligent and dynamic individual
- Additionally, role requires a secretarial or similar educational background
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Office Assistant at Oxfam” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- This Job Profile is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with post holder.
- The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives in accordance with the performance review process.