#EndSARS Protesters Defy Wike’s Ban, Continue With Proposed March

Share

This is despite the ban on protests throughout the state by Governor Nyesom Wike.

The protesters in their numbers converged at Pleasure Park, Port Harcourt, around 8.45 am to resume the protest.

They later marched around major streets in the city and lamented killings of innocent youths and harassment by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Channels Television reporter at the scene of the protest spoke with some of the protesters who in reaction to the governor’s directive said they have the right to protest.

“The governor said what he said, it is within my constitutional right to protest. We are simply asking for police reform and justice for victims of police brutality,” Ms Okechukwu told Channels Television.

Governor Nysom Wike had earlier on Monday declared in a statement that all proposed protests under #EndSARS campaign are prohibited because the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had already scrapped SARS.

Wike said that there is no need for any form of protest against a unit of the police force that no longer exists.

 

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Join Our WhatsApp Groups

  • Lagmen Limited News 1
  • Lagmen Limited Job2b.

    Submit Your Discover News

    • *discovernews@lagmen.net
    • *reachus@lagmen.net

      Contact Us Now

      • Tel:+2348051324267
      • Tel:+2348094097992

Subscribe to Our newsletter

Get the latest information, updates and more

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x