The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at International Rescue Committee
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
The Finance Clerk reports to the Senior Finance Officer in Abuja, the FCT. He/She will be responsible for the filing of all documents, archiving, retrieval of financial documents daily.
- Maintain both hard and soft folders for VAT report, PAYE report, NSITF report and WHT Report.
- Ensure that all cash and bank payments documents are properly filed and stalled in the archive timely and accurately.
- Ensuring that cash and bank payment documents are distributed to authorizer timely and in line with operating authorization matrix.
- Ensure accurate and timely retrieval of documents for audits as the audits come up.
- Ensure that all documents used for audit are accurately returned to appropriate boxes and stalled a soon as the audit is over.
- Support the finance assistant in Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Collect acknowledged VAT report submitted to FIRS monthly.
- Collection of NSITF receipt from the bank monthly
- Archiving of prior years’ finance documents as instructed by the DDF & SFM.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed mandates are processed to vendor.
- Prior to filing ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’ including the check number details.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the country office with external TAX and other statutory authorities.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
BSC/HND in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions.
- Minimum one(1) year experience in the financial area of a non-profit organization.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs, preferably SUN systems and visions.
- Extensive experience in filing, retrieval and archiving of documents.
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good communication skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to coach and support others.
- Self motivated, honest, highly responsible and punctual
- Be highly organized.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at International Rescue Committee ” should click the APPLY HERE button below.