The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff quarters and a Teaching and Research Farm.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Opening at Obafemi Awolowo University.
Food Process and Product Scientist – AAKTP Associate
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Osun | Nigeria.
Location: Temophadis International Enterprise, Osun
Contract length: 2 Years
Hours: Full Time – (approx. 37 hours a week)
Temophadis International Enterprise, Nigeria; Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria; and the University of Lincoln, United Kingdom have been successful in winning a United Kingdom government international grant through the AgriFood African Knowledge Transfer Partnership (AAKTP) scheme administered and managed by Innovate UK (https://ktn-uk.org/agrifood/gcrf-agrifood-africa-programme/).
This has created an exciting and innovative partnership opportunity among these three international partners:
- Temophadis International Enterprise, Osun State, Nigeria
- Department of Agricultural Economics in the Faculty of Agriculture, Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State, Nigeria (https://oauife.edu.ng/) and
- The National Centre for Food Manufacturing in the College of Science at the University of Lincoln, United Kingdom (www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/holbeach)
Temophadis International Enterprise is a registered agro-processing company in Nigeria and specialises in processing and packaging natural nutritious African staples from African crops like legumes, cereals, roots and tubers. Other activities entail food product processing through value-addition and product supply via an efficient supply-chain in shelf-stable handy packages. The business currently has 7 food products with the brand name ‘Mr. Kook’ (www.mrkook.ng) and distributors across different states in Nigeria; and an online multi-store foodstuff ordering and delivery platform (www.fooddelivered.ng) where other Agri-Food vendors utilise for their product supply chain activities.
The Department of Agricultural Economics of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, specialises on the business and economics of agriculture with efforts directed in the areas such as Economics of Agricultural production, Agribusiness and marketing, finance, Agricultural project appraisal, Farm management, Resources Economics and formulation of agricultural policy. These programmes in the department are tailored to meeting the needs and aspirations of the labour market as well as a growing body of promising entrepreneurs. The production of agricultural commodities to meet domestic and International market demand standard along with remunerative occupation to our graduates have remained the central idea of the Department over the years. Over the years, the programmes have been dynamic to accommodate for continuous changing needs.
The National Centre for Food Manufacturing (NCFM) of the University of Lincoln, United Kingdom, is a major resource for the UK’s food industry with over 250 major companies accessing courses, technical services and research. Our clients include the major national and global food manufacturing businesses and leading supermarkets and we collaborate with many international partners and universities. The NCFM has outstanding sector-focused facilities, including a state-of-the-art food factory demonstrating cutting edge food automation.
- The AAKTP Associate will be based mainly at Temophadis International Enterprise, KM 3, Ondo Road, Opp. School of Science Eastern Campus Gate, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria and will be subject to the company employment practices and conditions of work.
- The Associate for the Knowledge Transfer Partnership will drive and lead a two-year project which aims to develop a more fundamental scientific understanding and knowledge of nutritional and allergen information, packaging options (such as biodegradable packaging) and traceability, mainly for local foods and recipes.
- This will be achieved through the analysis of current company capabilities, including Food Safety / HACCP systems, Standard Operating Procedures, and consider the range of process equipment in place, assessment of raw material, nutritional information analysis.
- The AAKTP Associate will also lead product formulation / design of new/improved products, develop/amendment of the manufacturing process, implement changes, develop underpinning documentation (SOPs, Recipes, HACCP etc); and contribute the supply chain management of the business.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- We are looking to recruit a B.Sc and / or M.Sc Food Science graduate with knowledge of or interest in the food and drink industry and experience of performing scientific and technological investigation in a University and food industry environment directed towards acquisition of new knowledge.
- The successful candidate will ideally have academic and/or practical knowledge in food science, chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related subjects.
- In addition to this requirements, M.Sc in Business Management / Supply Chain Management or any other business-related Degrees will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Opening at Obafemi Awolowo University” should click the APPLY HERE button below.