Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world.
Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Vacancy at Paystack Nigeria
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Paystack serves some of the most ambitious businesses in Africa. Our promise to our customers is that, beyond providing an amazing payments experience, we’ll help their businesses grow. This is a HUGE promise the entire company is committed to, and Product Specialists are key drivers of that promise. As a Product Specialist, you’ll be entrusted with a portfolio of some of our fastest-growing customers from numerous different sectors, across multiple countries. Your primary responsibility will be to scale and maintain the business of these companies, while helping them meet their most important business objectives. You’ll own some of our most important customer relationships, and lead both day-to-day conversations as well as high level strategic discussions.
- You’ll dive deep into Paystack’s massive proprietary database to uncover market trends and translate them into actionable recommends. We process a large percentage of all online transactions in Nigeria, which gives us a granular understanding of what’s happening across multiple different industries. We’re looking for a teammate with a natural aptitude for identifying patterns from this valuable dataset, and sharing those insights both internally and externally.
- We’re also looking for a teammate who delights in learning everything there is to know about entire sectors. To best support your portfolio of assigned companies, you’ll need a deep understanding of their specific business as well as their broader industry. You’ll research the various sectors within which your portfolio companies operate to inform your recommendations for how your companies can thrive.
- Running a business can be brutal, and you’ll see your portfolio companies at both their best and their worst. The best Product Specialists are invaluable advisors to the companies in their portfolio, as well as relentless advocates. This is one of the reasons why we love speaking to entrepreneurs for this role. We find that entrepreneurs bring a high degree of natural empathy to the Product Specialist role, because they have an instinctive understanding of the heady highs and crushing lows of being a business owner.
- Product Specialists work with literally every team at Paystack. You’ll serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible experience for our merchants and their customers. You’ll have visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- You’ll work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career. Come and join us as we solve some of the biggest problems facing African businesses.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build long-term relationships with your contacts at mid-market and enterprise companies and help them understand how to best leverage Paystack’s powerful product suite to meet their business objectives
- Develop account plans for winning and expanding business within your portfolio of accounts
- Research various sectors to better understand the competitive landscape of those industries, as well as both the threats and opportunities available to your portfolio companies
- Analyse internal and external datasets to glean insights for various uses
- Solve tricky tier 2 support issues which are escalated by the support team
- Represent Paystack at industry events, fairs, webinars, and demos
- Serve on one or more Product teams, using your insights from the field to inform product prioritization and product development
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Are a strong communicator: you can write and speak clearly and compellingly, and understand how to explain complex issues to different audiences
- Are able to analyse large amounts of data, identify useful patterns, and make recommendations based on your observations
- Have a sophisticated commercial sense and are able to quickly understand the underlying drivers and strategy of our customers’ businesses
- Have experience in a client-facing role, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Are obsessively curious about how businesses work in different sectors. You’re the kind of person who reads earnings reports for fun, or who, when you go to a new restaurant, idly wonder how many plates they serve a day
- Possess strong presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Are perceptive and a fast learner: you’re able to quickly understand the technology that powers Paystack and able to leverage your understanding to help customers achieve their goals. A Product Specialist understands the Paystack product better than anyone else at the company
- Have a strong sense of ownership: you can be relied on to solve problems end to end, while managing all stakeholders involved, and proactively providing timely feedback.
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- Have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- Have an analytics or research background
- Have significant experience with SQL, Excel, and Tableau or have a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Are fluent in French or Mandarin
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Vacancy at Paystack Nigeria” should click the APPLY HERE button below.