The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Programme Director Higher Education Nigeria
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
The Director Programmes will manage the development and delivery of Higher Education portfolio in Nigeria including partnership work.
This post will lead programmes/projects to a high standard and in compliance with British Council policies and procedures. The programme director will act as Senior Responsible Officer as required on programmes with an appropriate level of complexity and will manage large and geographically dispersed programme delivery teams.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Project management or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience (more than 5 years) of leading and managing programmes or large projects
- Experience of managing multi country or large programmes that have met project closure standards and passed audits
- Experience of working with several different funding sources and knowledge of different programme frameworks and compliance rules
- Experience of working within a consortium arrangement or with other funding partners or sponsors and management of associated contracts
- Extensive experience of managing complex, senior, client, stakeholder and partner relationships and reporting requirements
- Experience of identifying risk, mitigating risk and monitoring risk and reporting risk through appropriate channels
- Experience of developing MEL frameworks and designing data collection mechanisms
- Experience of leading a large, diverse, dispersed project or programme team
- Experience of presenting and communicating programme success to a range of external audiences
Role Specific Skills
- Significant understanding and experience in Higher Education in Nigeria
Pay Band – 8
Contract Duration – 2-year fixed term
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.